Saturday, October 14, 2006

 

Swallowtail Shawl

Yay, I finished my first shawl. I actually finished and blocked it a week ago, but I haven't had time to post it until now. This is the Swallowtail Shawl (while blocking) from the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. I knit it on my size 5 Addi Turbos using Plymouth's Dreambaby D.K. yarn. Because the yarn is an acrylic/nylon blend the shawl didn't grow as much as it might have with blocking. It now measures 45" across the top and is the perfect size for a scarf, which is what I was going for anyway with such a bright blue. I am very happy with how it turned out, though the p5tog on the nupps with the blunt tips on the Addis almost caused me to abandon the whole project...However, I pushed through (with the help of some foul language and maybe some wine) and am glad I did. Isn't it pretty:
I know, I know, here we are halfway through Socktober and all I can show you is a shawl? Whats with that? To make matters worse, I'm not even working on a sock now, not much anyway. Most of my knitting time is going towards another shawl. In my defense that shawl must be done (and blocked) by early afternoon on October 19th. After that I plan on cranking out a sock or two. I even already started the sock I want to work on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?